Sunday, April 9, 2023

Real life and Cibo's Little Dudes

The past few weeks have been a challenge for me. In late March, I suddenly and tragically lost someone very near and dear to me. It's a pain that will forever accompany and I will never be entirely whole again.

The hobby is a diversion from the challenges of real life for me, painting allows me a moment of meditation where my mind is only on the brush, the paint and the figures. I haven't painted much these past few weeks but when I have, its been a haven from the pain of the loss.

Anyway, I finished some initial units for my 10mm Risorgimento project. First up is a unit of Neapolitan line infantry. I painted them in the bigia (a fatigue shell jacket of sorts) and white summer trousers. I imagine other units will have the aquamarine trousers to go along with the blue/grey bigia.


The figures are from Cibo's Little Dudes and the flags are from Tiny Tin Troops. Very pleased with the product and service of both vendors.


Next up are some red-shirted Garibaldini. Cibo only offers one pack of  Garibaldini infantry. Luckily I don't really need any cavalry and I think I can do some conversions to make some artillery crews. I plan to order more figures to flesh out my Bourbon and Garibaldini armies and I will pick up a Papal army as well.

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice work on those little guys, the Risorgimento is an interesting period to wargame. lot's of exotic units!! Sorry for your loss, like you I find painting take me into a world of my own and for a small time real life does not intrude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Donnie, it's appreciated. Our hobby is something I deeply cherish for so many reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Looking new troops! Sorry for your loss; losing someone close inevitably diminishes us to some degree. If it didn’t, then they weren’t that important to us in the first place.

    ReplyDelete