Monday, March 8, 2021

64 Projects (*)

This past weekend I conducted a cursory inventory of my various wargaming projects to get a better handle on how much lead (and plastic) I had in my "lead pile". The idea is to create a spreadsheet to capture those projects, the scale of the project (miniature size) the size (or scope) of the project, the state of its completion, the priority in which I want to achieve it and some other assorted notes. 

At any rate I was a bit shocked and depressed when, after the dust settled, I had tallied up 64 (*) incomplete projects! The asterisk is because some were several small projects bundled into one. For instance, I listed 1/700 Aerial Combat as one project even though it actually comprises of multiple wars from WW2 to the Falklands. 

The inventory allowed me to come to grips that I have a lot of redundancy; For late 17th century I have offerings in 6mm, 10mm and 15mm. I probably own more 1/3000 ships of the line than ever actually sailed the seven seas! Suffice to say that there will be a culling of the herd in the near future and an organized and deliberate attempt to finish projects. 

I also intend to post more eye candy of my different painted figures on this blog. Stay tuned and wish me luck!



2 comments: