Sunday, April 9, 2023

Frostgrave for a Friend

Years ago at one of the HMGS conventions, I participated in a game of Frostgrave with my friends Rob and Bill. We had a blast navigating the frozen confines of the fantasy city with our wizards and warbands. Rob and I purchased the rules and collected factions. We've played the occaisional game since but it never felt proper without Bill in the mix. Bill is more of a boardgamer (and a helluva poker player) and while he paints well, he's never really been big into the painting aspect of the hobby.

Last year I came up with the plan of using spare figures to cobble together a warband for Bill. I sneakily solicited color palette input from him then assembled the figures, purchased a wizard and apprentice (Reaper miniatures) and primed the figures. Then nearly a year of nothing. They fell to the back burner.

A few weeks ago, I was motivated to finish off the project. Finally got them complete and mailed them off to Bill as a surprise gift. You can see them below. I am looking forward to Historicon and that game of Frostgrave with my good friends Rob and Bill.

Though they no longer are mine, these figures will have alot of special meaning to me. I remember when my wife learned that these were a gift for Bill, she told me that I was a good person and good friend. She said this to me shortly before her passing and whenever I see them on the tabletop, I will remember her words.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment