Tuesday, February 21, 2023

More Entrants...

I snapped the last of my photos for the painting competition and I disassembled my homemade photographic white box.  Here we go:

First up is the Revolutionary French Army comprising of 5 National Guard battalions (les Bleus), two former Royalist battalions (les Blancs), a converged Grenadier battalion, a Dragoon regiment, five bases of skirmishers and General Dumas. I will be adding to the army quite a bit...

A closeup of the converged grenadiers. I like this unit quite a bit, I will probably enter them to compete against my Austrian infantry in the pre-20th Century Foot category.

Another angle of the Grenadiers...so much bearskin!

A battalion of lowly "les Bleus", the less than steady backbone of the army.

Two battalions of former Royalist infantry. I think the next couple of battalions will have violet trim. I love me some pastels.
And what self respecting French Revolutionary army would march into battle without some clouds of skirmishers to swarm the enemy and cover the advance of the attack columns.

And that is it. Until next year, maybe those Sassanids or the 1860s Canadian militia will make an appearance in the 2024 competition!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment